This is my journey from being a call getter to the time when I leave for Indore for my admission to the IIM. It was a rollercoaster ride and surely as fun, scary, hilarious and a great teacher.

Friday, March 10, 2006

LUCKy for NOW atleast ;-)

Trrrinngggg Trrrinnggg
Helloooo
You are still sleeping???? You have an interview in a couple of hours!!!

Yes MOM….
That was the beginning for a day I hoped would make me Luck nowy…
After all it was the bright morning of 11th of March and I had my IIML GDPI today.

I reached the center after the usual round of temples…. Well in advance. Only to find the IIMM process also happening at the same venue…

So the time now was nearing 10.00 Am and I met a few people who looked familiar and others whom I already knew (thanks to the last 2 IIM interviews)
Made myself comfortable and then came a lady holding a clipboard and the first two words she spoke were PRANAV AGARWAL!!!

Waahh I am the opening batsman (read: BAKRA) for panel No 1
Now for the record IIM A Pranav ---------à 10th
IIM K Pranav---------à 4th

So I was sorta nervous to be first but the best part would be I would get a great seat for the GD…I walked into the room and took my seat…

The group was of 9 applicants and all were PRESENT!!
As you all know we were required to write a 150 word essay and the topic was thrown to us


The mark of an educated mind is to have thoughts without accepting them…. Or something to this effect… However it took me 10 seconds to recover and think (hehehehe) I was trying to structure and also get content for my 150 words…. After all this was a pure gyaan topic…

Suddenly I hit a brainwave and wrote a decent essay with a good structure but not so great handwriting… NO issues now I had time to spare and was looking all around the room.. Panel…. Rest of group…. Panel….. rest of group for about 4 minutes…

Next came the knock of the pencil on the table and the instructions PLEASE STOP WRITING AND SUBMIT YOUR SHEET

I gave mine and she indicated that we can start discussing..
NOW I NEVER LIKE TO START CAUSE ITS TOOO BIG A RESPONSIBILITY

But since today all things were happening like they never happened before I started and came out with a reasonable point…. After that I entered regularly and did a little listening as well… wanted to balance my approach..

The nicest thing was that this was my 3rd IIM GD without a fish market and I WAS LOVIN it!!

The GD ended and I prepared and geared myself for the slaughter…(interview yaar)

But no sign of the panel … 5 minutes..7 minutes.. then it struck me, they must be reading and marking our essays…. Finally after 10 long minutes of the GD getting over the lady came out to call me…

Pranav!! Yes Madam.. Come in we are ready ( SO AM I!!)

Panel 1: slim prof always smiling (SP)
Panel 2: Lady Prof (LP)

MOI: ME: Pranav: Main: Hum


Me: Good Morning sir, madam…
SP: good morning pranav so you have done you Bachelors in.. eeehh
Me: Sir Bachelors in Management Studies…
SP: Good…and you specialized in Finance…
Me: yes sir… we had to choose between marketing and finance so I chose Finance….
From there it was a roller coaster ride which took me through….

Statistics which I managed well
Six Sigma Practices which were ok but SP did not look convinced…
Type I Type II errors Which I knew but cud not give the best examples around..
Today’s News
Best Bakery Case (which I knew about)
CAS (which I gave good info on)
Presdinet A P J Kalam ( His full name, how is he different sfrom others, Vision 2020, why he likes children) I answered these pretty confidently and I finaly saw a contended smile on SPs Face..
Finally after 20 Minutes of all this he looked at the Ladty Prof and asked her if she watned to know anything else… NO!!
Thank You Pranav


Sipaaahi Khade Ho, Piche Mud, BAHAR NIKAL .. PARTY KAR!!!

Overall a good experince and my most balanced so far with regard to performance in GD, Essay and PI.. hope IIML makes my LUCKY!!!
WHAt say guys.. . post comments if you have any.. always ready for improvement/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home